Friday 27 January 2012

Fitness Freak


With me recently 
leaving my full-time job for something more part-time to give me time to prepare for leaving to work in USA or CT & to look at studies for the year ahead and next, I have had so much time on my hands it’s been fabulous!!
Time for ME! Time to breath, spring-clean, get life in order, spend time with family, spend more time with friends, and spend most of all quality time with my man! I’m finding myself again, discovering, & re-discovering my love for life, my passions, goals, hopes and dreams!


One thing at the top of my list is to get back into gym and on the road again cycling & running, getting lean, fit & the healthiest I've ever been! My recent purchase of the book titled "Skinny Bitch" uncovers all the facts and truths about what food, chemicals, hormones and junk we continuously put into our bodies on a daily basis! From coffee to meat and everything in-between! This is helping me to gain knowledge, direction and to formulate the best healthiest eating plan - that isn’t a "quick fix / diet" but rather a long term food lifestyle choice. For me personally, diet & exercise have a snowball effect on each other. Once I am eating healthily & have a good relationship with food I find I am more obliged and motivated to exercise.. And the more exercise I do or the more fitness goals I want to achieve, the more motivated I become to have a healthy body & good balanced diet!


Being at the gym every day this week so far has been amazing! A few new Addidas gym items & a new watch have got me all giddy and amped to go out & take on my daily exercise regim. I think sometimes we need that. Something just to get us going! Not only do I have a great support system with friends around me gyming & having goals of their own fitness wise, my biggest motivation is entering races! There’s nothing more encouraging than working towards an event.  I have thus far entered for a trial run, mountain bike race, forest marathon and a triathlon and I have only done a run & a cycle once if twice in the past!
So I’m setting my goals high and getting very excited
to tackle all the above.

Spinning classes are my best friend at the moment, the rush, fast pace, endurance, strength and interval training is just too groovy! 3-in-1, how about that :) Running I do on the road, at the gym and best of all on the beach! Swimming is my only less than average strength but I guess we all have to start somewhere, and I have a swimming program to follow too which will get me where I want to be. I’m quite excited to take Justin on a mountain bike track this weekend. Would be awesome to train together so holding thumbs he enjoys it & get ADDICTED!
For now my toning and weight training is going to be kept minimal doing a super circuit once a week and powerplate routine 1-2 times a week. Its only been 4 days and I feel like I can take on the world. Feeling the burn, but loving every second of it !!!

Whatever it is you want to do achieve or have,
grab it with both hands and don’t look back

No comments:

Post a Comment